Volunteer At Hope Farm
Hope Farm is our new agricultural program at the Ranch. The first goal of this new program is to provide our children with a new experience in education. We have added work in the garden as a class for our students at Edgewood Academy. They will learn to grow, package, and distribute the garden produce. In addition to the educational goals, Hope Farm will provide healthy produce for our children to eat. Imagine how cool it will be for our Ranchers to grow their own food. Lastly, through the sale of the produce, our new farm will also help raise funds to support our entire Ranch program financially. We are excited to see the blessings God will pour out over Hope Farm.
Our biggest need is help harvesting, cleaning, and packaging the produce. Our harvest days are Friday from 7am to 1pm and Saturday from 7am to 1pm. We need a few volunteers to commit for 3 months. The commitment would be 1 or 2 days every week. We are also looking for volunteers to help work in the garden during the days we are not harvesting. If you love working in the garden or have a green thumb, this volunteer opportunity is for you.
Become A Volunteer Tutor
Tutoring is one of the core positions in our mission to help hurting children find hope and walk in the fullness of the Gospel of Christ. Volunteers who take on this role will be responsible to encourage and mentor the spiritual development of the children in their care. Our tutors are support for our full-time teachers. The duties of a tutor may be academic, reading, and grammar tutoring. Other tasks will be to help children score their work and memorize their scripture of the month. Your service at Edgewood helps us provide a healthy classroom environment allowing our children the best opportunity to get a quality education.
Our tutors come from many different family backgrounds, education levels, career and financial backgrounds, ages, skills, and personalities. The one thing they have in common is that each of these individuals is on a mission to serve and help hurting children have a better life.
Maintenance & Repair
With 110 acres and 17+ buildings on the property, it takes a lot to maintain and make improvements to our facility. Are you a skilled tradesman or do you have experience you believe we can use? Come and volunteer at the Ranch. There are so many projects we can use your help with. Some skills we can use are electrical, construction framing, professional painting, vehicle repair, landscaping & irrigation, concrete, drywall, and general handyman projects.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Kitchen & Meal Services: We love for families, church groups, and businesses to come out and provide a meal for our children and staff at Edgewood. One meal will typically feed 50 to 60 people. As part of providing the meal, we would ask for you to serve the meal and then join us and eat with our children and staff. If you cannot join us for the meal, catering a meal for us is also a great option.
- IT Support: Do you love working on network infrastructures or repairing computers? This is the perfect place for you to volunteer your time and expertise.
- Advertising & Marketing: Telling our story of helping children find hope is very important. Promoting our story on different media platforms takes a lot of work. We are seeking volunteers who are professional graphic artists, website designers, content writers, ad managers, Google analytics experts, and general marketing experts.
- Events Support: Our team puts on several big fundraising events each year. Our events include our annual Round-Up dinner and auction event, our love-a-kid golf tournament, our annual Spring picnic, and quarterly awards ceremonies for our children. If you are an organized person and love events, this is a volunteer opportunity for you.
- Athletics: Are you a professional athlete or sports instructor? Do you love teaching children the benefits of team and individual sports? We would love for you to get involved at the Ranch.